Mr. J. Isler, the founder of the firm, set up a small workshop in Winterthur in 1885, where he made butcher steels.
The farmer, Jakob Zehnder helped him out, when need arose. A small trading shop developed, where he sold the steels together with a variety of other butcher supplies. Today the assortment includes around 1000 various articles.
In 1965 Mr. Karl Isler sold the workshop to his employees, Jakob and Bruno Zehnder, who continued the firm under the new name of "Mechanical Workshop J. + B. Zehnder", still producing mainly butcher steels.
A few years ago Hanskaspar Etzensperger, soninlaw of Mr. Bruno Zehnder, joined the business and took over the shares of Mr. Jakob Zehnder. The manufactoring plant is named now "Zehnder + Etzensperger".
In 1977 Mr. Karl Isler changed his trading company into K. Isler Ltd. and handed it over in 1983 to Mr. Bruno Zehnder jr.
In our family enterprise there are today two firms working toge ther very closely.
In 2017 Mr. Bruno Zehnder handed it to his son Balz Zehnder.